Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"I went on a date with a GIRL" by Miru
Date :8/21
So there I was standing at the front door of the Tavern of Water. I kicked some dirt and rocks from the path a little bit further on down the road to pass time. Looking up into the gloomy sky, I notice the clouds swirl in different shades of grey with a hue of green. The scent of rain was light in the gentle June breeze as it grazed across the tall summer grass.

"Is it better to be early or late for a blind date?" I wondered to myself as this was my first time. I saw a beautiful woman approaching me, my heart sank into my stomach and I felt lightheaded. I smiled, she smiled, and she continued walking by. "Oh! this is so exciting!!" I thought to myself.

A few more women passed by and I began to wonder if I had been stood up. I could hear faint thunder in the distance, and I hoped that she would come before the rain. That's when I saw her! She had long braid of bright red hair that flowed down onto and over her shoulder. She wore a ruby red gown, with white trim. Her black frame Nabi glasses melted my heart with their overwhelming cuteness.

I couldn't resist smiling when we met. She was too beautiful - and she smiled back! We exchanged greetings and I invited So-and-so for tea, to which she agreed.

As we entered the tavern, the crackle of thunder rolled across the sky as if splitting it in two allowing the rain to come down. We took our seats just as the rain started to pound on the roof. San-Tu, the tavern owner came to our table and asked what I'd be having. "Two teas please" and she placed two cups by my side and filled them. I pushed one over to So-and-so and we both smiled. San-Tu looked puzzled but forced a smile and left us.

As storm intensified, So-and-so and I discussed a lot of things for a few hours. Our favorite colors, cats or dogs, pie or cake, the smell of milk, our childhood and more. But she never drank her tea, only swirled it a bit, then put it back on the table. San-Tu refilled my tea and I watched the steam pour into the air as the hot tea nuzzled my cup.

The storm continued to intensify even more, the tree branches banged and scraped against the taverns wall. The screech of the wind's howl was beginning to become deafening as it lay siege to the door. I wonder if we were ever to leave this place, or if we'd be stuck here together like on a tropical island! What a romantic getaway that would be. So-and-so snapped me out of my dream as she slammed her hands on the table with a blinding flash of white light.

When I regained my vision, So-and-so was gone! San-tu, was looking out of her window in disbelief at a nearby tree that was just split in half by lightning. The tree was being consumed by an inferno, despite the fury of the rain blowing every which way.

I asked San-Tu where the woman I was with went. She shrugged and said, "Honey, you've been here alone, talking to yourself all night.."

((San-Tu is NPC innkeeper in the Water Tavern, Nagnang))

-Miru